Advanced. Protective. Aerodynamic. Comfortable. Innovative
The open road. The feel of wind against your skin. The adrenaline rush of the ride. But above all else, safety. In a world where cautionary tales abound and accidents happen in the blink of an eye, investing in quality gear is paramount. The Arai Corsair X Helmet is more than just a protective piece of equipment; it's a statement, a commitment to prioritizing your well-being without compromising on style.
Designed with precision and innovation, this helmet isn't just about taking direct hits. It's been crafted to address those unpredictable “glancing off” impacts – the ones that often catch riders off-guard. Arai has taken the initiative to evolve their shell design to be smoother and stronger, making it more inclined to redirect rather than absorb the brunt of an impact. This means the force transferred to the rider's body is potentially lessened.
The innovation doesn’t end there. The VAS, or Variable Axis System, boasts a side pod and pivot cover that’s not only smaller in size but is also positioned lower on the shell. This detail, while seemingly minute, can be crucial during those split-second encounters.
Now, for those who’ve experienced the annoyance of turbulent air getting in, the chin curtain works diligently to block that intrusive draft. Plus, it amplifies the exhaust ventilation performance, making your rides more comfortable. And speaking of comfort, Arai has included their trademark 5mm peel away ear pocket padding. This ensures that if you're someone who enjoys tunes or communicates while riding, there’s space just for your speakers.
Arai's craftsmanship is evident in the helmet’s shell, constructed from the same Super Fiber and special synthetic fibers that are used in F-1 helmet visor panels. It's a product of mastery, bonded with specially-developed resin to optimize strength without adding weight.
One of my personal favorites is the VAS V MV Shield which guarantees visibility in every season and even comes with a clear anti-fog Pinlock insert. This ensures that no matter the weather or how heated the ride gets, your vision remains unobstructed.
The diffusers, longer than those in the Corsair V, have been straightened for improved aerodynamics. This, combined with the AirWing, enhances stability on the road, proving that every element of this helmet has been thoughtfully engineered.
Internally, the liner is not only fully removable but is also made of an odor-resistant material, ensuring comfort and hygiene. The adjustable temple padding and removable neckroll with additional exhaust channels are thoughtful touches to ensure the fit is perfect and the ride, cooler.
Lastly, for the peace of mind every rider seeks, this helmet is Snell 2020 and DOT approved, and the cheek pads come with an Emergency Release Tab feature.
Priced at $869.95, this helmet might seem like a hefty investment, but when you consider the blend of safety, innovation, and comfort, it's a small price to pay for peace of mind and the promise of many more thrilling rides ahead. Safe travels.
- Glancing Off Impact Design: Crafted not just for direct hits, but also specifically designed to minimize the effects of “glancing off” impacts.
- Advanced Shell Technology: Stronger and smoother shell, more likely to redirect impact energy than absorb it.
- VAS (Variable Axis System): The side pod and pivot cover's smaller size and lower position potentially reduce the impact force transferred to the body.
- Chin Curtain: Blocks turbulent air intrusion, enhancing exhaust ventilation performance.
- Comfort and Fit: Contains Arai's signature 5mm peel away ear pocket padding and space for communicator speakers.
- High-Quality Construction: Made from Super Fiber and other special synthetic fibers akin to those in F-1 helmet visor panels.
- Enhanced Visibility: VAS V MV Shield ensures clear vision in all seasons, supplemented by an anti-fog Pinlock insert.
- Improved Aerodynamics: Long, straightened diffusers paired with the AirWing to boost stability on the road.
- Hygiene and Comfort: Odor-resistant material for the liner, adjustable padding, and exhaust channels to dissipate heat.
- Safety Certifications: Snell 2020 and DOT approved, with an Emergency Release Tab feature for the cheek pads.
- Price: At $869.95, it's a significant investment, potentially out of range for some budget-conscious riders.
- Complex Features: With many advanced systems and features, it might have a steeper learning curve for those new to such high-end helmets.
- Weight: The use of advanced materials and added features might make it heavier than simpler helmets, potentially causing discomfort on longer rides.
- Maintenance: With several unique features and parts, maintenance or replacement might be more challenging or expensive than with simpler models.