Affordable, versatile, smart health tracking
Ah, the realm of self-awareness, personal health, and the pursuit of well-being – fascinating stuff, I must say. It seems that Withings has graced us with yet another smart scale to help us monitor and manage our bodies. Meet the Body Smart, a $100 gizmo that promises to take your health journey to new heights.
This nifty contraption comes with an Eyes Closed mode, which I think is brilliant. It's a refreshing change from the usual weight-shaming we see on traditional scales. Instead of displaying numbers, you'll be greeted with motivational messages or daily tidbits like step counts, air quality, and weather. A positive way to start the day, no?
The Body Smart is compatible with the Withings+ subscription service, and it offers a variety of modes tailored to different users – athletes, pregnant people, and even babies. Supporting up to eight users, this scale truly accommodates the whole family.
Accuracy is essential in any health journey, and the Body Smart doesn't disappoint. It boasts precise measurements up to 50 grams and offers insights into various health metrics, such as heart rate, visceral fat, and metabolic age – all thanks to multifrequency bioelectrical impedance analysis technology. Quite a mouthful, I know, but it's good to see cutting-edge tech applied to health and wellness.
For the first time, the Body Smart also measures your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and uses it to determine your metabolic age. This feature, set to launch in May, is a valuable addition for those seeking insights into their metabolic health.
The rest of Withings' lineup is also evolving. The $200 Body Comp scale is getting a color LCD screen upgrade, and the high-end Body Scan option is set to launch in the US in the coming months, following FDA clearance. At $400, this luxurious scale offers segmental body composition and a six-lead electrocardiogram with atrial fibrillation detection.
In my opinion, the Body Smart is an impressive and affordable entry-level option for those looking to invest in their health. With its user-friendly design, advanced technology, and commitment to a more positive health experience, this scale has the potential to make a significant impact on the lives of many. Cheers to a healthier, happier you!
- Affordability: Priced at $100, the Body Smart is an affordable entry-level option for those looking to invest in a smart scale.
- Multiple modes: The scale offers various modes to cater to different users, such as athletes, pregnant people, and babies.
- Eyes Closed mode: This feature promotes a more positive user experience by displaying motivational messages or daily information instead of weight.
- Multi-user support: The scale can accommodate up to eight users, making it suitable for most households.
- Advanced metrics: The Body Smart provides insights into numerous health metrics, including heart rate, visceral fat, and metabolic age, using multifrequency bioelectrical impedance analysis technology.
- Basal metabolic rate (BMR) measurement: The first smart scale in Withings' lineup to measure BMR, the Body Smart offers valuable information about users' metabolic health.
- Compatibility with Withings+ subscription service: This compatibility allows users to access more advanced features and health insights.
- Subscription cost: To access more advanced features, users may need to subscribe to the Withings+ subscription service, which adds an ongoing cost.
- Limited features compared to higher-end models: While the Body Smart offers several useful features, it lacks some of the advanced metrics and capabilities found in the more expensive Body Comp and Body Scan models.
- Dependency on smartphone app: Users who prefer not to use their smartphones in conjunction with a scale may find the reliance on the Withings app for certain features inconvenient.
- BMR feature not available at launch: The BMR measurement feature won't be available until May, which may disappoint early adopters.