Electric skateboard with foldable innovation
You know, when I first laid eyes on this fancy piece of kit, the Traqpod 3 Electric, it kind of hit me like a shot of fiery mezcal – intense, exciting and full of character. Straight off the bat, you can tell this isn't your average four-wheeled contraption – it's a manifestation of a novel vision, a product that dances on the cusp of tradition and evolution.
Three years in the making, and a worthy successor to the Traqpod 1 and 2, the Traqpod 3 Electric seems to strike that rare balance between an homage to the past and a nod to the future. The familiar design roots of its predecessors are evident, yet it’s a cut above with its powerful electric drive, carrying the promise of a seamless blend of tradition and innovation.
But let's get into the meat of it. When they say the Traqpod 3 Electric is “as electric as you want it”, they aren't just blowing smoke. The option to choose between a single or dual drive version puts the power in your hands. You decide your level of adrenaline, your balance between calm cruising and thrilling speeds – same unmistakable Traqpod experience, but with a jolt of your desired intensity.
This is a board for the people, welcoming riders from all walks of life to partake in the carving phenomenon. Age? Merely a number. Whether you're a grizzled veteran of the road or a curious novice, the Traqpod 3 Electric is designed with the idea of inclusivity at its heart. And the best part? It feels as exhilarating as catching a wave in Maui or shredding the powder in the Alps – no special gear or season required.
Its versatility is impressive. Whether you're running errands or seeking some weekend thrill, it fits right in. You might start seeing it less as a board and more as a reliable partner in crime, ready for all your urban adventures.
And if you're worried about picking up the ropes, fear not. With Traqpod 3 Electric, you'd be hard-pressed to find any steep learning curve. The intuitive design invites you to just step on it, pull the remote’s trigger gently, and off you go. There's an elegance in its simplicity – lean to turn, lean to carve, just lean. Not unlike a dance, if you ask me.
One particular feature that made me raise an eyebrow was the folding trucks – that's not something you see every day. It's an ingenious piece of design that's as practical as it is innovative. Coupled with the distinct concave deck, the rubber overmold grip, and the self-balancing turning system, it’s a board that begs to be ridden.
The electric components of Traqpod 3 Electric are also well thought out. The hub motors are subtly integrated into the overall design without adding much weight or complexity. The custom Lithium battery and the multifunction remote are a testament to La Revolta's attention to detail and commitment to delivering an optimal riding experience.
And let's not forget the custom LED lights – a practical yet sleek touch that ensures your rides are safe even as the sun dips below the horizon. There's something oddly poetic about that – your very own guiding star on four wheels.
This beautiful brainchild of La Revolta can be yours, starting at €449. It's a price point that may make some balk, but when you weigh it against the promise of an experience that can be both adrenaline-pumping and therapeutic, it seems more than fair.
To wrap it up, the Traqpod 3 Electric is not just a piece of machinery; it's a statement, a lifestyle, a beacon of freedom. Its versatility, design, and electric options offer a unique blend of stability, control, and thrill. If you're looking for a board that transcends the barriers of age and skill, embraces inclusivity, and dares to be different, this might just be your ride. After all, isn’t life too short for bland experiences?
- Advanced Design: The Traqpod 3 Electric uses an innovative design that is based on years of development and user feedback. It combines the iconic features of the original Traqpod with improvements from subsequent versions, all powered by a state-of-the-art electric drive.
- Electric Assist: The board offers different levels of electric assistance, providing versatility for different types of riders. Those who want a more traditional, non-electric ride can still choose the classic Traqpod 3.
- Versatility and Ease of Use: The Traqpod is designed to be user-friendly, easy to maneuver, and enjoyable for all riders, regardless of skill level. It's not just a board; it can be used for transportation, leisure, or sport.
- Smooth Carving Experience: Traqpod's unique design is engineered to provide optimal stability and control for a smooth carving experience, resembling the feeling of surfing or snowboarding.
- Compact and Portable: With folding trucks and a compact design, the Traqpod is easy to carry around when not in use.
- Choice of Customization: From choosing the color to deciding on the number of motors, riders can customize their Traqpod to suit their specific preferences and needs.
- High-Tech Features: The Traqpod 3 Electric features a multi-function remote with an OLED screen, hub motors, custom LED lights, and a custom battery system, showcasing a blend of performance and convenience.
- Affordable: Starting at €449 (about US$492) for the single motor version, the Traqpod 3 Electric is relatively affordable compared to other electric boards on the market.
- Limited Range: The battery provides a range of about 18 km (11 miles) per charge, which may not be sufficient for longer trips or commutes.
- Weight Limit: The board can only accommodate riders weighing up to 90 kg (198 lb), which might be limiting for heavier individuals.
- Limited Wheel Options: Currently, there are only two wheel options available, which might limit some customization possibilities.
- Battery Charging Time: It takes about two hours to fully charge the battery, which could be inconvenient for users who want to use the board frequently.
- Learning Curve: While the product claims to have a minimal learning curve, it still requires users to learn how to steer and balance on the board. This could pose a challenge for absolute beginners.
- Weight of the Board: With a weight of 8 kg (18 lb) for the single motor version and 9 kg (20 lb) for the two-motor version, some users might find the board heavy to carry around, especially for longer periods.
- Availability: Currently, the Traqpod 3 Electric is only available through a Kickstarter campaign, which might pose some risks regarding the delivery timeline and guarantees of the product.
Starting €449 (US$492)