Speed, Forgiveness, and Customization Redefined
There's something to be said about pushing boundaries, about taking the known and stretching it into the realm of the unknown. That's what's been achieved with the Stealth 2 Plus driver from TaylorMade.
This is not a gentle step forward; it's a giant leap, a cannonball into the deep end of technological advancement. They've taken the Carbonwood™ Age, an era they themselves ushered in, and pushed it even further into the territory of FARGIVENESS. Yes, you heard it right – a blend of speed and forgiveness that takes your game to a whole new level.
The 60X Carbon Twist Face™ from the original Stealth was already a feat of engineering, a symphony of speed and power. But in the Stealth 2 Plus, they've upped the ante. The new face design integrates an enhanced version of the Inverted Cone Technology, ensuring that even your off-center strikes maintain ball speed, thereby increasing forgiveness.
The carbon footprint in the Stealth 2 Plus is a staggering 75% more than the original Carbonwood. This is not just a number, but a testament to the audacity of innovation. The use of more lightweight material has allowed for redistribution of mass, offering more forgiveness and stability. It's like a finely balanced scale, a testament to the power of equilibrium.
Sound engineering is another area where the Stealth 2 Plus shines. It's not just about how it feels in your hands, but also how it sounds when you strike. The engineers have factored in the carbon sole thickness, along with curvature, shape, and internal stiffening ribs, to deliver a sound that is as bright as it is powerful. It's an aural experience that adds another layer to your game.
The piece de resistance is the return of a technology that TaylorMade pioneered – the sliding weight track. With a single 15g weight that can be adjusted to your preferred shot shape and a FCT Loft Sleeve to optimize launch and trajectory, the Stealth 2 Plus offers a degree of customization that puts you firmly in the driver's seat.
In essence, the Stealth 2 Plus is not just a golf club. It's a testament to the spirit of innovation, a tribute to the relentless pursuit of perfection. And if you ask me, it's an exciting time to be part of this journey.
- Enhanced Forgiveness: The enhanced Inverted Cone Technology and increased carbon content in Stealth 2 Plus help maintain ball speed on off-center strikes, leading to greater forgiveness.
- More Carbon, More Stability: The 75% increase in carbon usage compared to the original Carbonwood is a notable advancement, allowing for a better redistribution of mass, increasing forgiveness and stability.
- Improved Sound: The efforts towards perfecting the acoustics of the Stealth 2 Plus with carbon sole thickness and internal stiffening ribs contribute to a richer auditory experience, enhancing user enjoyment.
- Customization: The reintroduction of TaylorMade's sliding weight track technology, with a single 15g weight and a FCT Loft Sleeve, provides options for customizing shot shape, launch, and trajectory.
- Price: At $629.99, the Stealth 2 Plus Driver is quite expensive. This high price point may deter some golfers, particularly those who are casual players or beginners.
- Complexity: The extensive use of advanced technology may make the Stealth 2 Plus more complicated to use than simpler models, particularly for beginners or less technical players.
- Durability: The increased usage of carbon, while providing benefits in weight and stability, might raise questions about long-term durability, especially when compared to traditional materials like titanium.
- Adjustment Period: With the increased emphasis on forgiveness and the reintroduction of the sliding weight track, some players may need time to adjust to the new feel and capabilities of the Stealth 2 Plus.
As always, the effectiveness of a golf club can vary greatly depending on the individual player's skill level, swing characteristics, and personal preferences. Trying out the club in person before purchasing is always a good idea.