Versatile, durable, stylish, thoughtful, comfortable
In the myriad of adventures and escapades I've found myself on, I've come to recognize the importance of a trusty pack. Something that can withstand the elements and the rigors of an unpredictable day. My gaze falls upon the Wy'east Daypack by Six Moon Designs. It’s a gear worthy of its name, borrowing from the native moniker of Mount Hood, a formidable peak in Oregon.
Taking a closer look, its price tag reads $155.00 – not a meager sum, yet reasonable given the promise of quality and versatility. The 30L pack is available in hues of Blue, Orange, Black, VX21 Black, and VX21 Coyote Brown, exuding a sense of style that matches the robustness of its design. But as we all know, it's what's inside (and outside) that counts.
I feel the rugged texture of the bag, constructed out of 210 denier Robic™ nylon or EPX-200. Both materials boast an impressive reputation for durability, lightweight feel, and resistance to wear and tear. You're not just buying a bag; you're investing in a resilient travel partner.
The Wy'east sports a modern yet classic design, updated with a 3d-mesh back panel promising greater breathability – a godsend for those strenuous ascents or summer treks. Not just that, it doubles as a removable sit pad, perfect for impromptu rests on jagged terrain or simply to admire a captivating sunset.
This pack seems to be a thoughtfully designed product, with features that speak of practical experience. The stretch pockets are ultra-stretchy now, perfect for those ‘just in case' items we all carry. The interior pocket is larger, fit for passports – quite the nod to the modern-day globe trotter. A loop with a bungee and cord lock is a handy addition, ready to secure an umbrella or ice axe, as the adventure demands.
When it comes to capacity, the Wy'east does not disappoint. It promises an expansive main compartment, deep and angled side pockets for your 1L water bottles, and a gusseted shove-it sleeve – space seems to be a non-issue here. The addition of a large shoulder strap pocket and a removable hip belt lend an extra convenience, allowing for easy access to essentials and a comfortable load distribution.
One can't help but admire the minute attention to detail here, like glove hooks in both zippered pockets for those pesky keys that seem to have a life of their own, and the upgraded webbing on the front for larger, easier-to-use buckles. Even the small embroidered name on the front pocket instead of the previous black patch gives the pack a more personal touch.
This pack seems tailored for the active, for the travelers, the day hikers, the peak baggers, the seekers of everyday carry, and those who call both home and abroad their playground. It's the epitome of a modern all-in-one, shaped by years of experience and adventure.
In essence, the Wy'east Daypack isn't just a bag. It's a commitment to the journey, a testament to the road less traveled, and a salute to the spirit of adventure. As we all know, the devil indeed is in the details.
- Versatility and Design: The Wy'east Daypack is incredibly versatile, suitable for various activities like traveling, day hikes, peak bagging, and everyday use. Its modern take on a classic design makes it both stylish and functional.
- Material and Durability: Made from robust 210 denier Robic™ nylon or EPX-200, it promises durability, resistance to wear and tear, and longevity.
- Improved Breathability and Comfort: The new 3D mesh back panel allows for better air circulation, which is crucial for long hikes or travels. The EVA padded shoulder straps distribute load effectively, ensuring comfort.
- Ample Storage Space: With a 30L capacity, the Wy'east provides ample space for essentials and more. The bag also features several pockets including deep stretchy side pockets, an interior pocket for passports, and large shoulder strap pockets for easy access to smaller items.
- Thoughtful Additions: The bag features glove hooks for keys, larger buckles for easier use, and a loop with bungee and cord lock for attaching items like an umbrella or ice axe.
- Price: At $155.00, the Wy'east Daypack is not exactly budget-friendly. It's more of an investment, which might not appeal to all customers, particularly those looking for budget options.
- No Suspension: The pack doesn't have a suspension system. While this isn't a deal-breaker for a daypack, it may limit the bag's comfortability during strenuous activities or long hikes.
- Weight Limits: The maximum load is 20 lb (9 kg) and the minimum load is 9 lb (4 kg). For some users, these weight restrictions might not be suitable, particularly those who need to carry heavy gear or minimal items.
- Color Availability: While the color options are stylish, they might not be to everyone's taste. There are no subtle or earthy color options for those who prefer a more toned-down aesthetic.
- Non-Removable Lid: The lid of the Wy'east Daypack is non-removable, which might be a limitation for users who want more flexibility with their pack's configuration.