Precision, durability, elegance, performance, craftsmanship
The Champions Choice line of putters by Scotty Cameron is a testament to a seasoned marriage of technology, aesthetics, and meticulous craftsmanship. These clubs, the offspring of American genius, carry within them the echo of countless victories and whisper the promise of many more to come. Every stroke is an ode to precision, every hole a celebration of victory. The feel of a Newport or Newport Plus, 1.5 or 2.5, in your hand is as satisfying as a seasoned sailor gripping a well-worn wheel or a pilot taking hold of the yoke on a transatlantic flight. It's familiar, comforting, and full of potential.
At the heart of each putter, you will find a Teryllium inlay, a copper alloy that over time develops a rich patina, much like the aging process of a good whiskey. This is the core that provides an unmistakably soft feel and flawless feedback, and is a nod to the time-honored putter face material. The fusion of this alloy to the 303 stainless steel putter head using advanced vibration dampening technology is like the perfect blend of a harmonious symphony, where every note and every instrument comes together to create an unforgettable piece of music.
The putter's body is composed of precision-milled 303 stainless steel, a material as reliable as the American spirit it embodies. The steel, coupled with 6061 aircraft aluminum, creates an intriguing multi-material construction, reinforcing the notion that it's the diversity of materials that give rise to the spectacular performance and feel of the Champions Choice.
Look upon these putters and you'll see a celebration of victory stripes, a tribute to the champions of yesteryears and a beacon to the champions of tomorrow. The red, white, and blue accents around the screw heads are as vibrant as the American flag fluttering in a July breeze. A silver misting finish adds a hint of sophistication and reduces glare, allowing your focus to remain undivided as you plan your next stroke.
Each putter has been thoughtfully weighted with two stainless steel pieces on the heel and toe. Just as a seasoned rider understands his horse, you will feel an intimate connection with the club, enabling you to control your putt with precision.
To complete the package, these putters come with a matching premium headcover, displaying the bold red, white, and blue color scheme. The Pistolini Plus grip, with blue lettering on a white texture, feels as comfortable in the hand as the warm handshake of an old friend. A custom Champions Choice shaft band adorns each shaft, further testament to the club's heritage and prestige.
In the end, the Champions Choice putters are more than just clubs, they're companions. They will accompany you on your journey, share your triumphs and disappointments, and become a part of your personal golfing saga. Much like a treasured wristwatch or a trusted pocket knife, they carry a personality and a story. With each swing, each victory, you become a part of that narrative, a part of the Champions Choice legacy. So choose your weapon wisely, and let your story unfold.
- Quality and Durability: Crafted from precision-milled 303 stainless steel and 6061 aircraft aluminum, these putters promise longevity and consistent performance.
- Feel and Feedback: The unique copper alloy, Teryllium, inserted in the putter head provides an extremely soft feel and exceptional feedback, allowing for precision control.
- Vibration Dampening Technology: The innovative use of high-tech vibration dampening material between the Teryllium inlay and putter head further enhances feel and feedback.
- Variety of Models: With four models (Newport, Newport 1.5, Newport 2, Newport 2.5), the Champions Choice caters to a range of player preferences, offering different sizes, neck styles, and alignment aids.
- Attractive Design: The putters' patriotic red, white, and blue accents and glare-resistant silver misting finish make them visually appealing on the green.
- Weighting and Balance: The strategically placed stainless steel weights in the heel and toe help promote balance and increase the putter's moment of inertia (MOI), making the putter more stable and forgiving.
- Price Point: Given the materials used and the meticulous craftsmanship involved, these putters might be priced at a premium, potentially out of reach for some amateur golfers.
- Limited Availability: As a part of a special edition line, availability might be limited, making it difficult for some interested buyers to get their hands on one.
- Patina Development: The Teryllium inlay develops a rich patina over time. While this can add to the aesthetic appeal for some, others might find it less appealing if they prefer a pristine, unaged look.
- Maintenance: Due to the use of various materials, including copper alloy and stainless steel, these putters might require extra care and maintenance to keep them in optimal condition.
- Learning Curve: For golfers accustomed to traditional putters, adjusting to the unique feel and feedback of these putters might require a learning period.