Sustainable, Comfortable, Durable, Waterproof Hiking
In the realm of adventurous treks and whimsical wanderlust, I have a new companion. The HOKA Anacapa 2 Mid GTX – sounds like an interstellar spaceship, doesn't it? It’s a shoe, but not just any shoe. A shoe that holds an audacious promise to its wearer: “There's no telling where this hiker will take you.” Now isn't that a dare for anyone bitten by the travel bug?
At first sight, this creation is unassuming. But on closer inspection, you’ll start to see its impressive character. The boot is a testament to mindful craftsmanship, akin to a conscientious blacksmith hammering away at his anvil. The Nubuck leather, bearing a gold rating from the Leather Working Group, harks back to the days of artisanship. It's reminiscent of the painstakingly curated craft cocktails I've enjoyed in tucked-away speakeasies.
Beyond the aesthetic, there's a certain romance to the shoe's eco-consciousness. The fact that this rugged boot employs recycled polyester, a midsole made from 30% sugarcane, and laces sans aglet, all speak to a dedication towards a better tomorrow. It’s the equivalent of choosing the locally sourced dish at a remote diner, the one that leaves a smaller carbon footprint and a bigger impact on your palate.
And what’s a good journey without a comfortable ride? Here, the lightweight sugarcane EVA midsole plays the part. It promises a cushioned ride, much like an old Cadillac on a forgotten American highway. Yet, it’s ready to kick into action when the road gets rough, or when the wanderer in you decides to chase the setting sun.
A boot like this, of course, needs to stand up to the whims of the wild. That's where the abrasion-resistant toe cap and Vibram® Megagrip outsole come in. These are your insurance against unpredictable terrain, like that off-beat track that suddenly transitions from dusty trail to slick rock.
Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the wearing. So, lace up, step into the great unknown and let the Anacapa 2 Mid GTX lead you through rain, sun, grit, and gravel. After all, isn’t life all about the journey, not the destination? So, go on, wander and wonder. Because the greatest discoveries are often made when we're not even looking for them.
- Sustainable Design: With features such as the 30% sugarcane EVA midsole, 100% recycled polyester mesh, and 50% soybean-based sockliner, the Anacapa 2 Mid GTX is designed with a high regard for the environment.
- Robust Construction: The abrasion-resistant rubber toe cap and Vibram® Megagrip outsole ensure that the boot is tough enough to withstand variable terrains and rigorous hikes.
- Waterproof: The GORE-TEX bootie construction, featuring a 71% recycled polyester face fabric, promises to keep your feet dry and comfortable in wet conditions.
- High-Quality Leather: The use of Leather Working Group Gold-Rated waterproof nubuck leather signifies premium craftsmanship and quality.
- Comfortable Cushioning: The sugarcane EVA midsole is lightweight and provides a balanced, cushioned ride.
- Color Options: The boot comes in four versatile colors: Outer Space/Grey, Black/Black, Cabernet/Oxford Tan, and Dune/Oxford Tan.
- Price: At $195, the Anacapa 2 Mid GTX is a significant investment. It might not be an ideal choice for casual hikers or those on a tight budget.
- Weight: At 18.00 oz, some might find this boot heavier than their usual hiking gear. The additional weight could be a factor during long treks.
- Lack of Additional Support Technologies: The boot features a symmetrical bed of cushion without additional prescriptive technologies. Some wearers might prefer hiking boots with more specialized foot support systems.
- Heel-to-Toe Drop: The 7.00 mm heel-to-toe drop might not suit everyone's walking or running style. Some people might prefer a flatter or more pronounced drop, depending on their comfort and biomechanics.