Magnetic, eco-friendly outdoor dining essentials
Sometimes the things that seem the simplest in life are often the most profound, a notion perfectly captured by this ingenious set of magnetic bowls, plates, and cutlery from Full Windsor. A tactile delight to those with an adventurous heart, this kit represents something of a revolution for the everyday nomad.
We all know the annoyances that come with outdoor dining. The ghost of disposable plastic haunts our environment, paper dishes wage a never-ending battle with the wind, and the clanging of metal bowls and plates could very well scare away any wildlife in a three-mile radius. And, who hasn't experienced the crushing despair when a porcelain bowl makes its terminal journey to the floor, or the frustration of placing cutlery on unclean surfaces?
Enter Full Windsor's solution. Their patent-pending Magware Magnetic Bowls and Plates are a delight for anyone who’s tried to maintain some semblance of order amidst the chaos of a camping trip or an outdoor gathering. These pieces connect together magnetically, creating an organized tower that puts traditional camping dishware to shame.
You can't deny the appeal of the material choices here. The bowls and plates are made of 304/18-8 Stainless Steel, robust enough for any journey, while the magnet's plastic housing is fashioned from recycled Polypropylene. Even the bag is made from recycled polyester, a small salute to our planet.
I am particularly taken by the award-winning Magware Magnetic Cutlery. Sharing the same magnetic connections as the bowls and plates, these utensils can be attached to the side of your dishware. This makes it a breeze to carry when your hands are full, and ensures they remain away from potentially dirty surfaces.
The Full Windsor team has pulled off a masterstroke here. The magnetic cutlery and dishware, available in nature-inspired colors like Forest Green or Deep Sea Blue, are as much a statement of style as they are of function. There's something uniquely thrilling about dining alfresco with magnetic utensils. As a conversation starter, these sets are worth their weight in gold.
Having personally felt the frustration of camping utensils rattling around a drawer, I can see this magnetic set being a boon for the great outdoors. However, it isn’t just for the wilderness. It's just as appropriate for a more refined occasion. It turns the ordinary into something extraordinary, and for that, I believe it's worth a look. With prices starting at $49 on Kickstarter, it's a worthwhile investment for those with a penchant for outdoor living, but who still appreciate the creature comforts of home. It’s a kind of magic.
- Eco-Friendly: The Magware 2.0 set is a significant move away from the use of single-use plastic bowls, plates, and cutlery. The materials used for the production of the products are largely recyclable, including 304/18-8 Stainless Steel, Recycled Polypropylene, and Recycled Polyester.
- Convenient and Space-Saving: The magnetic feature allows for easy stacking and storage. This could be a game-changer for people with limited storage space or those who often move around, like campers or hikers.
- Hygienic: The magnetic cutlery can be attached to the sides of the plates and bowls, preventing them from touching unclean surfaces. This is a major advantage for those concerned about cleanliness, especially when eating outdoors or in public spaces.
- Durable: The use of Stainless Steel for the plates and bowls suggests these items will be resistant to wear, corrosion, and high temperatures. They're also likely to be more durable than traditional plastic or porcelain dishware.
- Versatile: The products can be used for a variety of purposes, from camping trips to fine dining.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The nature-inspired color options, alongside the unique magnetic feature, make the Magware 2.0 set visually appealing.
- Cost: With prices starting at $49 on Kickstarter, the cost could be prohibitive for some, especially compared to cheaper alternatives in plastic or traditional stainless steel dishware.
- Magnetic Fields: The magnetic attachment feature, while innovative, might not be suitable for all situations or individuals. People with certain types of medical implants, like pacemakers, should be cautious about using products with magnets.
- Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining the magnetic areas might be more challenging than with regular dishware.
- Weight: Although the exact weight of the set isn't specified, stainless steel products tend to be heavier than their plastic counterparts, which could be an issue for backpackers or those carrying the set over long distances.
- Limited Choice for Individual Sets: The single sets have magnetic connections in Charcoal Black only, which might not appeal to everyone. The full range of colors is only available in the full set.