Luxurious, Fast, Electric, Exclusive, Innovative
On the serene waters of Lake Garda in Italy, the inaugural Frauscher x Porsche 850 Fantom Air emerged, ready to cast off, capturing the gaze of enthusiasts and the international press alike. This isn't just any boat – it's a testament to tradition, innovation, and the relentless pursuit of perfection, embodying the ethos of its creators, Porsche and Frauscher Shipyard.
This electric sports boat isn't merely a vessel. It's a symphony of luxurious experiences, outstanding performance, timeless, exclusive design, and unrivalled quality, narrated eloquently by the undulating waves it dances upon. It whispers promises kept by both Frauscher and Porsche over their illustrious histories, encapsulating passion and craftsmanship seen seldom elsewhere.
With a canvas painted with 400 kW of electric power, the 850 Fantom Air brushes the water with speeds flirtatiously reaching 85 km/h. The masterpiece employs drive technology that is as much about the future as it is about the present, mirroring the electric whisper of the upcoming all-electric Porsche Macan. It offers a sublime experience, not just travel – cradling its passengers within a cocoon of exceptional handling characteristics as it weaves through the aquatic tapestry with elegance and poise.
Every piece of this craft sings in harmonious concert. From its state-of-the-art permanently excited synchronous electric motor to the characteristic marine Z-drive that receives the gentle hum of power, each component plays its part. With a lithium-ion battery nestled under the lounge, it beckons you to rest, recharge, and revel in the quiet strength that propels you forward.
The Frauscher x Porsche creation doesn't just move; it glides, caressing the water with a sporty grace, absorbing the aquatic symphony's ebb and flow through wire rope mounts specially chosen for this aquatic concerto. Its journey is tailored to the conductor's whim with four driving modes, offering a bespoke cruise whether within the embracing arms of a harbor or out in the expansive, whispering sea.
At its optimum, the eFantom whispers through the water at 41 km/h, offering an hour of intimate dialogue with the seascape. Yet, should the call of the distant shore entice, ranges extending beyond 100 kilometers are within your grasp, opening chapters of exploration written with every ripple, every breeze.
This boat is more than just a method of transport; it's a milestone, a beacon illuminating the path where electric is not just equivalent but superior to its combustion ancestry in every whisper, every surge, every gentle glide across the water.
The aesthetic is unmistakably Porsche, a signature written with the ink of design mastery. The helmstand, crafted meticulously by Studio F. A. Porsche, draws inspiration from the iconic 911, with winglets that serve both form and function. Analog gauges peer from a high-gloss black panel, offering essential whispers of data while maintaining the sports car aesthetic. The steering wheel, a familiar friend to those acquainted with Porsche's creations, has been redesigned with the sea's embrace in mind, clad in faux leather resistant to the tender caress of saltwater.
From the rear swimming platform, through the generous lounge to the free-standing helm and cockpit, the boat's 8.67-meter length and 2.49-meter width offer an inviting space. It's a sanctuary for up to nine souls seeking solace in the arms of the sea, enveloped in a cradle designed for relaxation and joy with a hue of individuality, as customers can choose from a palette as expansive and expressive as the ocean itself.
Orders have opened, with the first edition limited to a mere 25 exquisite units, each starting at €561,700. Each will be born from the Frauscher Shipyard in Ohlsdorf, Austria, with the first scheduled to grace the waters with their presence from 2024.
It's not merely a boat. The Frauscher x Porsche 850 Fantom Air is an experience, a journey, a story waiting to be told. It's an invitation to explore, to feel, to live. So, cast off, and let the symphony begin.
- Electric Powertrain: With 400 kW of electric power, the 850 Fantom Air offers a clean, silent, and efficient mode of transportation that's environmentally friendly with zero local emissions.
- High Speed: The sports boat can reach speeds of up to 85 km/h, offering excitement and performance for enthusiasts.
- Fast Charging: The 800-volt technology allows for fast charging, capable of going from 10% to 80% charge in under 30 minutes at DC fast-charging stations.
- Driving Modes: Four pre-programmed driving modes (Docking, Range, Sport, and Sport Plus) offer versatility and adaptability to different driving situations and preferences.
- Porsche Design Signature: With design elements crafted by Studio F. A. Porsche, the boat boasts a timeless, exclusive, and luxurious design, reminiscent of Porsche’s iconic aesthetic.
- Comfort and Capacity: With room for up to nine passengers, comfortable seats, and lounge areas, the boat provides ample space for relaxation and entertainment.
- Exclusive First Edition: Limited production ensures exclusivity, with only 25 units available for order in the first edition.
- High-End Audio System: The boat comes standard with a premium audio system with Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, enhancing the entertainment experience for passengers.
- Durable and Stylish Materials: The use of high-quality, durable materials, like faux leather resistant to salt water, ensures longevity while maintaining an elegant appearance.
- High Price Point: Starting at €561,700, the 850 Fantom Air is a significant investment, accessible only to a select group of consumers.
- Limited First Edition: With only 25 units available, many interested buyers may not have the opportunity to purchase this exclusive model.
- Learning Curve: The advanced technology and different driving modes may require some time for new users to learn and adapt to.
- Dependent on Charging Infrastructure: While it supports fast charging, the boat's efficient use is dependent on the availability of appropriate charging facilities at ports and docks.
- Range Limitations: With a range of about 45 km at cruising speed, and 2-3 hours of mixed travel speeds, users may need to plan their journeys carefully to avoid running out of power.
- Battery Degradation: Like all electric vehicles, the performance of the boat's battery is expected to degrade over time, which could affect its range and overall performance.
- Maintenance Cost: Given the advanced technology and luxury components, maintenance and repairs may be costly, though this is common with high-end vehicles and boats.