Ferrari's first road-legal XX supercar
Strap in, folks. We're about to embark on a thrill ride with the newest beast from the house of the Prancing Horse – the Ferrari SF90 XX Stradale. Imagine being thrust into a journey where sublime luxury tangoes with high-octane speed.
The SF90 XX Stradale is a unique proposition in Ferrari's venerable lineup, a chimera born from the union of the hallowed ‘XX Programme' and the crowd-pleaser, SF90 Stradale. It carries forward the spirit of the track onto the road, becoming the first-ever road-legal XX car from Ferrari.
This, my friends, is no ordinary chariot. Its design screams “I'm here to conquer.” Cloaked in an advanced aero kit, it comes with a revised front splitter setup, new hood intakes, and flared fenders – each graced by a trio of side louvers. It's not merely for show. This carbon-construction ensemble whips up about 1,200lbs of downforce at 155mph, much like a falcon nosediving onto its prey. The crowning jewel, quite literally, is the fixed dual-plane rear wing. Not since the iconic F50 has a road-legal Ferrari sported such a feature.
Beneath the bonnet, it's an orchestra of power and precision. A twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter 90° V8 engine harmoniously works with a 170-kW tri motor setup. Couple that with an eight-speed F1-derived DCT transmission, and you've got an ensemble that belts out 785hp and 593ft-lbs of torque. These numbers are more than just statistics; they translate into a blistering top speed of around 200 mph, a 0-60mph dash in 2.3 seconds, and a 0-125mph sprint in just 6.5 seconds. Let's just say it's like the sensation of skydiving, but on tarmac.
On the inside, this vehicle is no less awe-inspiring. The cabin is a minimalist's paradise – an unpretentious blend of style and function. Carbon fiber race seats envelop you, the exquisite livery holds your gaze, and the XX-spec five-arm race wheels beneath you are ready to dance to your commands.
The Ferrari SF90 XX Stradale is proof that legends aren't simply born on the track, they can be tamed for the road too. With a starting price tag of €770,000 (~ $837,000), it’s a daringly audacious machine, created for those with a passion for speed and an appreciation for the extraordinary.
For those yearning for a more open-air adventure, a Spider version is on offer starting from €850,000 (~ $924,000). Whether the roof up or down, the thrilling soundtrack of this beast will serenade you at every bend.
The SF90 XX Stradale is more than a car – it's a testament to what can be achieved when the boundaries between racetrack adrenaline and road-legal exhilaration are blurred. Prepare to be enthralled, for this fiery steed from Maranello promises an experience as visceral as life itself. So, my fellow thrill-seekers, are you ready to embrace the extraordinary?
- Unparalleled Performance: Powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine with a 170-kW tri motor setup, the SF90 XX Stradale offers unmatched power and acceleration. A top speed of around 200 mph and the capability to go from 0-60mph in 2.3 seconds ensures it's one of the fastest supercars available.
- Cutting-Edge Design: The advanced aero kit not only gives it a unique aesthetic but also improves aerodynamic efficiency. This setup enables the car to generate about 1,200lbs of downforce at speeds of just 155mph.
- Track-Ready, Road-Legal: The SF90 XX Stradale is the first vehicle in Ferrari's XX Programme that is road-legal, combining the exhilaration of track performance with the convenience of everyday usability.
- Unique Features: Sporting a fixed rear wing, the first in a road-going Ferrari since the F50, it stands out among its peers. Also, it's available in both hardtop and Spider versions, catering to different preferences.
- Exclusivity: Being a special version car from Ferrari, owning an SF90 XX Stradale is not just about performance but also about exclusivity and bragging rights.
- Price: With a starting price of €770,000 (~ $837,000), the SF90 XX Stradale is a significant investment, limiting its market to only the most affluent customers.
- Maintenance and Insurance: Given the high performance and price tag of the car, maintenance and insurance costs are likely to be very high.
- Practicality: While it is a road-legal car, the emphasis on performance and speed may make it less practical for regular, day-to-day use. Limited cargo space and the aggressive ride might prove inconvenient for some users.
- Fuel Efficiency: While exact figures are not provided, high-performance supercars like the SF90 XX Stradale typically consume fuel at a higher rate than average road cars.
- Limited Availability: Given its special version status, the number of SF90 XX Stradale cars manufactured will likely be limited, making it difficult for potential buyers to purchase one.