Versatile, Powerful, Connected, Distinctive, Adventurous
Ah, the call of the open road. There's something irresistibly seductive about the promise of a journey, of setting off to explore the unknown and immerse yourself in new experiences. That thrill of discovery – of pushing boundaries and exploring new horizons – is one of life's great pleasures. And if you're seeking a new accomplice for your next adventure, allow me to introduce you to the VOLCON BRAT.
At first glance, the BRAT isn't a typical e-bike – it's an invitation to escapism. Birthed by the same minds behind the revolutionary Stag and the legendary Grunt, this machine breathes the spirit of exploration and is designed for those who refuse to be confined by asphalt. This beast is at home both amid the city's concrete jungles and on dusty off-road trails, promising you freedom, agility, and an intoxicating sense of wanderlust.
Now let's get to the heart of this adventure-mobile: its 750W motor. It’s a tiny powerhouse that delivers a punch much mightier than its size, making steep inclines and challenging terrains feel like a walk in the park. The 48V 15.6Ah removable battery translates into 70+ miles in Mode 1 or 30+ miles in Modes 2-4, allowing you the liberty to set off on those longer expeditions without constantly glancing at your battery indicator.
The BRAT’s ride modes serve up versatility in spades. Whether you’re navigating crowded park trails, zipping through rush-hour traffic, or hunting for that new coffee shop on the other side of the hill, these modes offer a uniquely tailored riding experience. And if you're feeling the call of the wild, the off-road mode is your key to unlock this bike's full potential.
The beastly aesthetics of this e-bike set it apart. The frame is a futuristic exo-skeleton design, unique to the Volcon family. It's built like a motorcycle, giving it an aggressive stance and a definite presence. Yet, this does not compromise comfort. Depending on your mood, you have the option to choose between a more laid-back blue model or the sportier black version, each with subtly different handlebars to offer a different riding posture.
Volcon’s approach to connectivity is commendable too. The vivid onboard display and the intuitive app ensure you are in the driver’s seat with vital stats just a glance away. And for those whose phones are their constant companions, the integrated USB charger in the lockable storage is a thoughtful touch.
In terms of safety and reliability, you're well covered. The LED headlights and tail lights ensure visibility when the sun dips, while the Hydraulic disc brakes give you a confident halt, should your adventures throw a surprise at you. The full suspension system, with adjustable inverted forks and a monoshock rear, is a testament to the BRAT's all-terrain pedigree, smoothing out rough paths and cushioning your journey.
The BRAT then, in essence, is a call to break free from the daily grind and embrace the joy of exploration, be it the untraveled paths in your city or the unseen tracks in the wilderness. Its unapologetic design, impressive performance, and user-friendly features make it an attractive proposition for the active souls yearning for that dash of adventure in their everyday life. Go ahead, hop on the saddle, take it for a spin, and let the spirit of the BRAT ignite your wanderlust.
Pros of the VOLCON BRAT:
- Versatility: Its design enables smooth transition between city commuting and off-road adventures.
- Powerful Motor: The 750W motor provides strong, instantaneous power and speed, aiding in overcoming challenging terrains and uphill climbs.
- Extended Range: Depending on the ride mode, the BRAT offers a range of 30 to 70+ miles, which is impressive for an e-bike.
- Full Suspension: The adjustable inverted fork front suspension and monoshock rear suspension help absorb shock on rough terrains.
- Connected Experience: The integrated LED display and Volcon app provide real-time bike statistics, ensuring an informed and controlled riding experience.
- Charge on the Go: The USB charge port allows for device charging, adding convenience for riders.
- Distinctive Design: The exo-arch frame gives the BRAT a unique and aggressive look that stands out from typical e-bikes.
Cons of the VOLCON BRAT:
- Weight: At 86 lbs, the BRAT is relatively heavy, which might make it difficult to transport or maneuver for some people.
- Charge Time: It takes 6-7 hours to fully charge the battery, which might not be ideal for those who need a quick recharge for frequent, long-distance rides.
- Seat Height: With a seat height of 30”, the BRAT might not be comfortable for shorter riders.
- Price: Starting at $2,799, the BRAT is a bit on the expensive side compared to some other e-bikes on the market.
- Limited Color Options: The BRAT only comes in two colors – black and blue – which might not satisfy everyone's aesthetic preferences.