Elegant, Enduring, Nimble, Efficient, Classic
If you've ever found yourself musing about the ideal daily companion, one that takes the edge off your commute or that sunset cruise around your neighborhood, I might have stumbled upon just the thing.
Imagine turning a tedious 10-mile bike ride into an exhilarating 20-mile adventure. Picture that looming, arduous hill at the tail end of your journey suddenly becoming as effortless as a gentle slope. This is the magic of New York's Priority Bicycles’ newest offering, the e-Classic Plus.
From the heart of New York, where everything moves at the speed of light, Priority Bicycles brings us a tribute to its very first creation. It's a touch nostalgic and a lot forward-thinking, a seamless blend of their Classic's timelessness and the promises of the electric age.
Now, diving into the mechanics of this marvel: it's elegantly designed with a 6061 aluminum-alloy frame, ensuring both strength and rust resistance. But what really caught my eye? The decision to opt for a 250-W front-hub motor instead of the traditional rear-hub. Priority has taken this road less traveled to harmoniously pair it with a Gates Carbon Belt Drive and a 3-speed Shimano Nexus hub at the back. The result? An almost dance-like balance as you cruise, reaching speeds up to 20 mph. It promises not just transportation, but an experience.
Safety, of course, hasn't been sidestepped. Integrated lights come with a brake sensing function that brightens up akin to a car's brake lights. Matched with hydraulic disc brakes that effortlessly cut off power to the motor during stops, it assures a safe journey from dawn to dusk.
For the range wanderers among you, fret not. The e-Classic Plus is designed to combat ‘range anxiety'. With its 374-Wh downtube battery, you're looking at 60 miles of electric boost, depending on the terrain and your own fervor.
Eddie Meek, the mind behind its design, envisioned an e-bike that's both a performer and a looker, one that effortlessly becomes a part of your daily life without the common maintenance woes. And, dare I say, he seems to have hit the nail on the head.
One thing’s clear: the e-Classic Plus isn’t just another e-bike. It's a statement. One of simplicity, efficiency, and elegance. It beckons not just to the committed commuter but to anyone with an itch for a breezy, joy-filled ride. All at a price point that doesn't send your wallet into shock.
It's almost poetic, really, how this bike turns challenges into smooth rides. Hills? They’re mere hiccups. Distances? Only numbers. With the e-Classic Plus, the journey doesn't just matter; it's a joy in itself.
So, whether you're an urbanite navigating the concrete jungle or someone simply seeking the thrill of an effortless cruise, the e-Classic Plus is more than a mode of transport. It's an experience waiting to be had. Give it a whirl, and you might just find that extra bit of magic in your everyday rides. Safe travels!
- Versatile Use: Suitable for both casual cruises and light commuting, allowing flexibility in the type of journey one might embark on.
- Balanced Design: The use of a 250-W front-hub motor, combined with the Gates Carbon Belt Drive and 3-speed Shimano Nexus hub at the back, offers a balanced and nimble riding experience.
- Long Battery Life: With its 374-Wh downtube battery, riders can achieve up to 60 miles on a single charge, reducing the need for frequent recharging.
- Safety Features: Integrated brake-sensing lights and hydraulic disc brakes ensure the rider's safety, especially during nighttime or low-visibility conditions.
- Low Maintenance: The Gates Carbon Drive Belt requires little to no maintenance, lasting 2-3x longer than a standard chain without the need for lubrication or cleaning.
- Comfortable Riding Experience: Its design emphasizes natural ride feel, comfort, and safety. Upright frame geometry, a plush seat, and backswept handlebars enhance the ride's comfort.
- Stealthy Look: Despite its electronic components, the e-Classic Plus retains the look of a traditional, unpowered commuter bike, appealing to those who prefer a classic aesthetic.
- Competitive Pricing: At US$1,699 (with a $300 launch discount), it offers a feature set often seen in pricier models.
- Limited Motor Placement: The decision to opt for a front-hub motor might not appeal to traditionalists or those who prefer the characteristics of a rear or mid-drive motor setup.
- Weight: Weighing in at 49lbs, it may be challenging for some to transport without the assistance of a vehicle or specialized bike rack.
- Speed Limitation: The top speed is capped at 20 mph. While this is standard for many e-bikes, speed enthusiasts might find it limiting.
- Shipping Restrictions: Can only be shipped within the Contiguous US, limiting international or non-mainland US enthusiasts from acquiring it without additional logistics.
- Battery Dependency: Despite its long range, once the battery depletes, the rider will miss out on the electric assistance, potentially making longer trips or uphill journeys more challenging.