Laminated Wood, Ultra-Light, Durable, Stylish, Versatile
The spirit of adventure runs deep in all of us. For some, it’s the thrill of cresting a mountain peak. For others, it's the allure of winding roads, the allure of discovering places and people. When journeying on two wheels, what you carry and how you carry it can make all the difference in the world.
Enter the Beez, a product that feels as much an embodiment of passion and craftsmanship as it is a utilitarian piece of equipment. Crafted in France by Beecyclo, this bent-wood, single-wheel bicycle touring trailer is a marvel in both design and functionality. The use of laminated wood not only gives it a unique and stylish aesthetic, reminiscent of a skateboard deck, but also provides a self-damping structure. That means less jarring on those rough roads and more seamless gliding, a notable departure from heavier mechanical damping systems that require maintenance.
Attaching the Beez to your bicycle is a breeze. Compatible with virtually every 26 to 29-inch hollow axle bike, from road to mountain to tandem and even recumbent, it takes less than 30 seconds. And for those who love using panniers, worry not, they’re still on the table with this setup.
As for its carrying capabilities, the Beez is deceptively spacious. Strapped onto its steel baggage hoop, you can load up a backpack, travel bag, or the provided 90L waterproof bag. Moreover, with the extra space beneath, hanging essentials like a tent or water bladder becomes incredibly straightforward.
And when the journey pauses, perhaps to board a bus or catch a train, the Beez can be swiftly disassembled, tucked into its bag, and carried with ease. Considering its ultra-light empty weight of under 5 kg, it's something of a featherweight champion in the world of bicycle trailers.
But, lightweight doesn’t mean compromising on durability. The steel frame gives it a rigidity that assures longevity. For the adventurous souls who find themselves far from civilization and in need of a fix, steel’s ease of welding can be a godsend.
Now, for the nitty-gritty: assembled, it measures 158 cm in length, 40 cm in width, and 40 cm in height. But once disassembled, it becomes incredibly compact, shrinking to 80 x 40 x 20 cm. As for its carrying capabilities, it can haul up to 20 Kg or 100 L. But here’s a word to the wise: if you're pushing the limits, keep your speed under 40 km/h.
In a world where mass-produced, plastic-laden goods have become the norm, the Beez stands apart. Its blend of tradition and innovation, aesthetic beauty and rugged utility, makes it more than just another piece of equipment. It becomes a part of the journey, a companion on the open road.
To get your hands on this exquisite piece of French craftsmanship, seek out the revendeurs, the select dealers trusted by Beecyclo. For the discerning traveler, the Beez is more than a purchase; it's an investment in countless future adventures. Safe travels.
- Versatility in Attachment: Compatible with nearly all 26 to 29-inch hollow axle bikes including road, mountain, tandem, and recumbent bicycles. Also supports the use of panniers.
- Fast Attachment: Can be attached to the bicycle axle in under 30 seconds.
- Self-damping Structure: The laminated wood structure offers flexibility and cushioning, eliminating the need for heavy mechanical damping systems that require maintenance.
- Compact and Transportable: Easy to disassemble and pack away, making it ideal for multi-modal transportation by bus, train, or plane without additional costs.
- Generous Carrying Capacity: Can hold up to 20 Kg or 100 L.
- Steel Frame: Provides rigidity and durability. Being steel, it's easier to weld and repair than aluminum.
- Ultra-light: Weighs less than 5 kg when empty, making it one of the lightest self-damping trailers in the market.
- Design and Craftsmanship: Unique use of bent wood and steel, coupled with French manufacturing, ensures quality and aesthetic appeal.
- Limited Availability: Currently, the Beez is exclusively designed, manufactured, and sold only in France.
- Weight Limitations: While it boasts a significant carrying capacity, it's limited to 20 Kg or 100 L. Overloading can potentially harm the trailer or impact its longevity.
- Speed Limit: A maximum recommended speed of 40 km/h when loaded. Faster speeds might impact stability and safety.
- Maintenance of Wood: Though the laminated wood provides unique benefits, it might require more upkeep and care than purely metal counterparts, especially in varying weather conditions.
- Potential Learning Curve: For those unfamiliar with trailers, there might be a learning curve regarding attaching, loading, and navigating with the trailer attached.