Compact, affordable, customizable, thrilling, innovative
The Jetstream Mini Jet Boat, known as the 6′ Micro, is a marvelous example of human creativity and a testament to the spirit of adventure. This compact watercraft offers an affordable entry into the world of boating and creates endless possibilities for exploration and excitement.
Measuring just 6 feet in length and 3 feet in width, the Micro is a true marvel of engineering. The pricing structure offers various options for enthusiasts, starting with a kit that includes cut and formed aluminum pieces for $1600 CAD. The welded hull version, priced at $2900 CAD, is perfect for those who prefer a more finished product, while the UHMW sheet option costs $525 CAD.
Though the Micro kit does not include an engine, windshield lexan, or some other components, it does come with an array of essential parts like the bottom, boxed stringers, chines, side coamings, sides with gunnels, transom, bulkhead, engine cover, foredeck/dash, solid windshield frame, swim deck & tube, and swim deck sides. There's also a range of add-ons available, such as the intake kit, fuel/oil tank DIY kit, UHMW sheet, and exhaust kit, all compatible with a 300 cc Kawasaki engine.
The concept behind the Micro is both innovative and inspiring, demonstrating that even small projects can spark the imagination and ignite a passion for exploration. The idea of a racing series featuring these pint-sized jet boats is exhilarating and would bring a fresh, invigorating twist to water sports.
In conclusion, the Jetstream Mini Jet Boat, or the 6′ Micro, is a delightful innovation that exemplifies the power of human ingenuity. The potential for racing and exploration with these compact vessels is vast, reminding us that adventure often comes in small packages. Embracing projects like the Micro Jet Boat inspires us to push the boundaries of what's possible and continue to explore the world in new, thrilling ways.
- Compact size: The 6′ Micro Jet Boat's small dimensions make it easy to transport, store, and navigate through narrow waterways.
- Affordability: With a relatively low price point compared to larger boats, the Micro offers an accessible entry into boating for a wider range of individuals.
- Customizability: The various purchasing options and add-ons allow enthusiasts to tailor their Micro Jet Boat to their specific needs and preferences.
- Lightweight: The boat's light weight makes it easier to handle and maneuver, both in and out of the water.
- DIY appeal: The Micro offers a unique project for those who enjoy hands-on experiences and customizing their own equipment.
- Exciting performance: With the right engine, such as the compatible 300 cc Kawasaki, the Micro Jet Boat can deliver thrilling performance despite its small size.
- Innovative design: The Micro showcases human creativity and resourcefulness, potentially inspiring others to embark on their own innovative projects.
- Limited space: The small size of the Micro Jet Boat means limited seating capacity and storage, making it less suitable for longer trips or multiple passengers.
- Engine not included: The base kit and other purchase options do not come with an engine, requiring buyers to source and install their own.
- Additional expenses: Some necessary components, such as the windshield lexan, seat, and steering, are not included in the base kit, potentially increasing the overall cost.
- Assembly required: The Micro Jet Boat comes in a kit form, which may be daunting or time-consuming for some individuals to assemble.
- Not suitable for rough waters: Due to its size and lightweight nature, the Micro Jet Boat may not perform well in choppy or rough waters, limiting its usage to calmer environments.
- Limited availability: The Micro Jet Boat is not available as a turnkey product, potentially making it less accessible for those who prefer a ready-to-use option.
- Safety concerns: The compact size of the Micro may raise some safety concerns, particularly when operating at high speeds or in crowded waterways.