Versatile, powerful, safe, durable e-bike
As someone with a passion for exploring, both the hidden alleys of bustling urban landscapes and the untamed terrains of the great outdoors, I'm instantly captivated by the concept of the Goroc TR:X. There's a thrill to be found in the journey itself and this machine, a union of Swiss craftsmanship and state-of-the-art technology, feels like a faithful companion for such quests.
The Goroc TR:X by Flyer comes with an adventurous soul, wrapped in a sleek carbon-aluminum blend frame. It's the embodiment of durability and style, designed for those city dwellers yearning for an escape into nature or simply wanting to conquer urban commutes with an eco-friendly stride.
For the unanticipated obstacles that life or the trail might throw at you, the bike comes equipped with a Suntour suspension fork and X-Fusion rear shock, ensuring a smooth journey on even the most uneven of terrains. When I think about the places I've traversed, I know that this shock-absorbing feature would have made for a more comfortable ride.
Weighing around 30 kg with the battery, the Goroc TR:X may not be the lightest on the market, but it’s the quality that counts. It provides stability and strength, plus there's a handy rear rack for those who like to travel heavy, capable of bearing up to 15 kg of gear. Now, that's a cargo feature I can appreciate.
This e-bike rolls on 29-inch wheels, boasting Schwalbe Johnny Watts 2.35-inch tires and Tektro TRP C2.3 disc brakes with hefty 203-mm rotors. It's a setup designed for security, providing stopping power when you need it most. Not to mention the dropper seatpost – an invaluable friend during those hair-raising descents, letting you manage steep downhills with ease.
The power behind the Goroc TR:X is a Pinion 600-W mid-drive motor, with an integrated 12-speed electronic gearbox. That's a hearty serving of power for your ride, able to propel you up to 25 km/h with the Smart.Shift system doing the heavy lifting of gear changing.
And let's not forget the Gates Carbon Belt Drive CDX for a low-maintenance, quieter ride. Plus, an available 700-Wh battery with an additional range extender coming soon. That's music to the ears of long-distance riders and explorers alike.
The Goroc TR:X doesn't skimp on safety either. The daylight visibility from a 100-lux headlight and tail-light, the 2-inch color display for e-bike status, and the added conveniences of full fenders and a kickstand all attest to the meticulous attention to detail in its design.
Priced at around €8,699, the Goroc TR:X might be a bit heavy on the pocket. But remember, good investments last. They're built to weather time and tide. And with this piece of machinery, that's exactly what you're signing up for.
In essence, the Goroc TR:X is more than an e-bike; it's a faithful steed, promising a blend of efficiency, durability, and the joy of exploration. It's designed for you – the adventurous soul who knows that life is a journey to be savored. This isn't just about moving from point A to point B. It's about enjoying the ride, and for that, the Goroc TR:X seems like an excellent choice.
- Versatile Performance: The Goroc TR:X is designed for both urban commutes and off-road adventures, demonstrating a wide range of use.
- Quality Construction: The bike's carbon/aluminum frame, Suntour suspension fork, and X-Fusion rear shock are indicative of high-quality construction aimed at ensuring durability and smooth riding experience.
- Powerful Motor: The Pinion 600-W mid-drive motor provides significant power, with an integrated 12-speed electronic gearbox.
- Smart.Shift Technology: This feature adjusts the assist level and gear to match the riding conditions, improving performance and comfort.
- Extra Safety Measures: Equipped with a 100-lux headlight and tail-light for visibility, disc brakes for secure stopping, and a dropper seatpost for handling steep descents, the TR:X prioritizes rider safety.
- Low Maintenance: The Gates Carbon Belt Drive CDX system reduces the need for regular maintenance and promises a quieter ride.
- Extended Battery Life: A 700-Wh battery and a future range extender option offer longer riding distances.
- Additional Features: Comes with full fenders, a kickstand, and a 2-inch color display for status checking.
- Hefty Weight: At 30 kg with the battery, the bike might be too heavy for some riders, potentially hindering maneuverability.
- High Price: With a price tag of around €8,699, the Goroc TR:X is a significant investment that may not fit everyone's budget.
- Limited Load Capacity: Although the rear rack can haul up to 15 kg of gear, this might not be sufficient for riders planning more extensive bikepacking tours.
- Availability of the Range Extender: The additional range extender, which could be a significant selling point, is not immediately available and expected only by early 2024.
- Limited Frame Colors: As of now, the bike comes in only two frame colors, which may not cater to everyone's aesthetic preferences.
€8,699 (~$9,743 USD)