Unmatched Power, Elegance, and Exclusivity
Hello, fellow lovers of two-wheeled steeds. Today, we stand at the cusp of a momentous occasion. An icon that started its journey in the early '90s from surplus components now clocks in three decades of exhilarating rides, momentous journeys, and unprecedented performances. I'm speaking, of course, of the legendary creation birthed from the workshops of Ducati – the Monster.
30 years later, Ducati is back with a special tribute to the original beast, the Monster 30° Anniversario. A motorcycle that's more than just a machine. It's an emblem of artistry, innovation, and an undying spirit of defiance that always dared to defy convention.
This 30th Anniversary model stays true to the Monster DNA, embodying the perfect blend of aggressive design, power, and Ducati's characteristic performance. Cloaked in an enticing Tricolor 30th Anniversary livery, it's a testament to Italian craftsmanship. A seat adorned with an embroidered 30-year logo, and a 4.3″ color TFT display with a unique startup animation, add to the allure.
At its heart throbs the 937cc Testastretta L-Twin engine, delivering a formidable 111hp and 68.7ft-lbs of torque — numbers that narrate a tale of thrill and passion. All that power is refined through a comprehensive set of electronic rider aids that include traction control, launch control, and multiple ride modes.
The Monster 30° Anniversario is not just about power, it's about control. Its brand new set of gold-finished forged wheels reduce unsprung weight by 4.1 lbs. Coupled with top-shelf Brembo Stylema calipers and fully-adjustable Öhlins suspension, it ensures a ride as smooth as velvet.
What makes it the lightest full-sized Monster ever made, though, is the thoughtful use of weight-shedding components like a lightened GFRP subframe, carbon fenders, and a Li-Ion battery. Yet, it doesn't compromise on the sound – the unmistakeable growl of a Monster, all thanks to a carbon-tipped stacked dual Termignoni slip-on exhaust.
Limited to 500 units worldwide, each model comes with a special plate bearing its production number, a 30th Anniversary Edition bike cover, and a certificate of authenticity.
While the price tag of $18,595 might seem steep, remember that this isn't just a motorcycle. It's a piece of history, a symbol of three decades of innovation, and above all, it's a Ducati Monster. And to ride a Monster, well, that's an experience worth every dime.
To all you Monster enthusiasts out there, this is your chance to own a piece of the legend. And for those new to the world of two wheels, there's no better way to dive in. Here's to the next 30 years, may they be as monstrous as the last.
- Unmatched Performance: The Ducati's 937cc Testastretta L-Twin engine delivers a powerful 111hp and 68.7ft-lbs of torque, promising a high-performance riding experience.
- Lightweight Design: Use of lightweight components such as a lightened GFRP subframe, carbon fenders, and a Li-Ion battery makes this the lightest full-sized Monster ever made. This translates to improved agility and handling.
- Advanced Rider Aids: The Monster is equipped with advanced rider aids, including traction control, launch control, multiple ride modes, wheelie control, and cornering ABS, which enhances rider safety and control over the bike.
- Limited Edition: With only 500 units worldwide, owning this bike provides exclusivity and a sense of prestige. Each unit comes with a special plate denoting its limited production number, a special 30th Anniversary Edition bike cover, and a certificate of authenticity.
- Elegant Design: The special Tricolor 30th Anniversary livery, the gold-finished forged wheels, and the embroidered seat make for a visually stunning machine.
- Price: The price tag of $18,595 could be a deterrent for some potential buyers, as it positions the Monster 30° Anniversario at the higher end of the market.
- Limited Availability: With only 500 units being produced globally, and 100 of those earmarked for the North American market, acquiring this limited edition bike might prove to be a challenge.
- Maintenance Costs: As with any high-performance bike, maintenance and servicing costs for Ducati bikes are typically higher than average, especially given the premium components and advanced technology on the Monster 30° Anniversario.
- Seat Height: The seat height is 840 mm which might be too tall for some riders, though a lower seat that reduces the height to 810 mm is available as an accessory.