Versatile, lightweight, superior-quality mountain bike
This Spur bike is a marvel of engineering. It’s an All-Country ride that stretches the boundaries of what you thought a bicycle could do. The Spur has a unique allure; it’s an invitation to take the road less travelled, to challenge the mountain, to seek the unseen.
Its seamless connection to the rider is a revelation, turning the bike into a virtual extension of your body, enhancing your agility and precision on every trail. This bike almost defies physics, making you feel weightless as it propels you forward with an almost effortless speed. It promises to elevate your climbing skills, allowing you to cover more distance with less effort.
But don't be fooled by its lightness and uphill prowess. The Spur retains the ability to descend like a bike built for downhill thrills, maybe even faster. It's a chameleon, adapting and excelling in whatever environment it finds itself in.
You can have this versatile beast in four stunning colors: Aqua, Raw Carbon, Deep Sea Green, or Black Powder. Available in four sizes, from small to X-Large, the Spur offers a perfect fit for every rider.
Its impressive specs include a carbon frame with 120mm travel, 29″ wheels, and a choice of high-end components like Fox and RockShox suspension systems, SRAM and Shimano drivetrains, and OneUp Dropper Post. Its tyres, Maxxis Dissector 3C EXO for the front and Maxxis Rekon 3C EXO for the rear, are ready to take on any terrain.
The Spur is an embodiment of the innovative SBG (Speed Balanced Geometry), ensuring you a bike that maintains low-speed agility, front wheel traction, and a balanced rider weight distribution. This bike can handle steep terrains and high speeds, and adapts to your speed, offering stability when going fast and agility in technical slow-speed maneuvering.
Equipped with the GiddyUp suspension system, the Spur promises great rear suspension performance, offering excellent balance of support and small bump sensitivity. Its anti-squat is tuned to enhance pedaling performance and acceleration, but won't impede the suspension when needed.
This bike is a testament to the fact that biking is not just about reaching a destination, it's about the thrill of the journey. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a novice, the Spur promises to make every ride an exhilarating adventure.
- All-Country Bike: The Spur is designed to be versatile, allowing you to tackle a wide range of terrain from steep climbs to technical descents.
- Lightweight: With some builds weighing just over 25 pounds, this bike is designed to be light and efficient, making it great for both climbing and long distance rides.
- High-Quality Materials: The bike features a full carbon frame made from premium Japanese Toray fiber, and other high-quality components like Enduro Max Bearings and a standard 73mm threaded bottom bracket shell.
- Suspension: The GiddyUp suspension system is designed to be easy to use and behave intuitively across a broad range of setup. The bike has a usable sag range of 25-35%, allowing the rider to tune the feel of the bike.
- Lifetime Warranty: The product comes with a lifetime warranty for the original owner, reflecting the manufacturer's confidence in its durability and quality.
- Speed Balanced Geometry: The Spur features a unique geometry designed to maintain agility at low speeds, improve front wheel traction, and balance rider weight. It's also designed to provide more stability when going fast.
- Price: High-quality components and advanced technology often come with a high price tag, which might put this bike out of reach for some potential buyers.
- Limited Travel: With 120mm of travel in the front and rear, this bike may not be the best choice for riders who frequently ride very rough, technical terrain or want to do more aggressive downhill riding.
- Complexity: While the wide range of customization and adjustment options is a pro for experienced riders, beginners or less tech-savvy riders might find it overwhelming.
- Maintenance: High-performance and advanced components like carbon frames and sophisticated suspension systems can be more complex to maintain and repair.
- No Pedals Included: Like many high-end bikes, the Spur doesn't come with pedals, meaning you'll have to purchase them separately.
- Limited Color Options: With only four color options available, some riders might not find the aesthetic they're looking for.