Urban, Trail Masters
Venturing into the concrete jungle, Mondraker's latest additions to the Urban Cross family dare you to conquer the city streets with the same vigor as your favorite mountain trails. The stylish Chaser X and RX blend the thrill of off-road adventures with the practicality of urban commutes, creating a seamless fusion of work and play.
The Chaser X range is the ideal companion for those who crave both the practicality of daily commutes and the thrill of weekend getaways. Channeling its mountain bike roots, this versatile machine boasts ample suspension travel, forward geometry, and 2.6-inch tires, promising a level of comfort and safety unparalleled by conventional urban bikes. The Chaser X is ever-ready to tackle mountain tracks or bridleways when spontaneity calls.
Taking cues from Mondraker's limited-edition Crafty Carbon XR model, the entry-level Chaser X introduces a 6061 aluminum alloy Stealth Evo frame, swapping out the carbon fiber for a sleek, metallic finish. With a RockShox Recon Silver RL 29 suspension fork offering 150 mm of travel and a RockShox Deluxe Select R DebonAir rear shock providing 140 mm of travel, this resilient machine is prepared to tackle any obstacle on your journey, be it a workday or a weekend.
The Bosch Performance Line CX Smart System delivers pedal-assist up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph), supported by a 625-Wh Powertube battery. The SRAM SX Eagle 12-speed derailleur ensures adaptability, while 29-inch rims and 2.6-inch Maxxis Ikon tires provide a smooth ride. SRAM four-piston brakes offer reliable stopping power, ensuring safety on any terrain.
Additional features of the Chaser X include a 50-lux headlight, a fender-mounted rear light, a rear rack capable of carrying up to 25 kg (55 lb) of gear, and a kickstand for convenient parking. The Chaser X starts at US$6,899.
For those seeking an upgraded experience, the Chaser RX shares the same frame but boasts a collection of higher-spec components, including a RockShox 35 Silver TK fork, an OnOff Pija dropper seatpost, a 750-Wh Powertube battery, a Bosch Mini Remote wireless controller, and a Bosch System Controller installed on the top tube. The SRAM Eagle GX derailleur adds a touch of luxury. The Chaser RX starts at $7,599.
- Versatility: The Chaser X and RX eBikes are designed for both urban commuting and off-road adventures, catering to various riding preferences and environments.
- Comfort and safety: The generous suspension travel, forward geometry, and 2.6-inch tires provide enhanced comfort and safety compared to conventional urban bikes.
- High-quality components: Both models feature reliable components such as Bosch mid-drive motors, Powertube batteries, SRAM drivetrains, and RockShox suspension systems.
- Ample storage: The rear rack is capable of hauling up to 25 kg (55 lb) of gear, making it practical for both daily commutes and weekend trips.
- Advanced lighting system: The Chaser X and RX come equipped with a 50-lux headlight and fender-mounted rear light for improved visibility during night rides.
- Price: With the Chaser X starting at US$6,899 and the Chaser RX at $7,599, these eBikes may be considered expensive for some potential buyers.
- Limited top speed: The pedal-assist system provides support up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph), which may not be fast enough for some riders seeking higher speeds.
- Weight: The use of a 6061 aluminum alloy frame, while durable and reliable, may add extra weight compared to lighter alternatives such as carbon fiber.
- Range uncertainty: No per-charge range figures are provided, which might make it difficult for potential buyers to assess the eBike's performance in terms of battery life.
- Aesthetic considerations: While the design shares similarities with the limited-edition Crafty Carbon XR model, some riders may prefer a more distinctive look for their eBike.