Powerful, Agile, Versatile Trail Conqueror
Imagine this: A machine as majestic as an eagle, soaring through the air. Except in this case, the air is the rough, wild terrain of nature trails. The eagle? It's not a bird at all, but the Greyp Zaney eMTB, an electric mountain bike that gleams with power, refinement, and technological prowess.
Born from the same brilliant minds that bring you the rip-roaring energy of Rimac hypercars, the Zaney is a lovechild of Greyp and Porsche – a marriage of raw power and refined elegance. When you add into the mix, the input of Fazua, the whizzes behind compact e-drive systems, what you get is an electric bike that packs a punch like no other.
The Zaney eMTB isn't just a bike; it's an experience. It tears down the boundaries between conventional trail bikes and their electrified cousins, providing a ride that's as exhilarating as it is confident. You're invited to a party where agility, liveliness, and gravity-defying moments are the main acts, all while keeping you grounded when the path gets challenging.
The beating heart of the Zaney is a Fazua Ride 60 mid-mount drive system. The bike doesn't just offer 450 watts of power and 60 Nm of torque, but also an extra shot of adrenaline with a boost mode that ramps up the juice for quick bursts. It's like the spirited kick of espresso in your morning cup of joe, just when you need it most.
With three different models to choose from – the 310, 510, and 710 – you can pick your flavor of thrill. From the RockShox and SRAM components of the 310, to the Fox Performance upgrades of the 510, to the top-shelf luxury of SRAM AXS Eagle Transmission and Fox Factory suspension on the 710, each ride promises to be an adventure.
But it's not all about the grit and the grind. There's an elegance to the Zaney too. The full carbon fiber frame isn't just lightweight, it's also designed to ensure a ride that's both nimble and balanced. The Zaney is like a ballet dancer, gracefully pirouetting on the trails while maintaining poise and composure.
No, my friends, the Zaney is not for the faint-hearted, nor the tight-fisted. It might not be your everyday eMTB, but it's more than that. It's an invitation to adventure. It's a ride that doesn't just take you from point A to point B, but makes the journey a riotous party. The Zaney is here to change the game, to redefine fun. And that's a cause I can get behind.
The trails are calling. Are you ready to answer with the Zaney? The preorder starts in late September. Start marking your calendar for the ride of a lifetime.
- Trail-Focused Design: The Zaney eMTB is designed with a dynamic trail geometry, meant to balance agile maneuverability and stable composure. This makes for a bike that's as capable on the wild trails as it is on the city streets.
- Powerful e-Drive System: Equipped with the Fazua Ride 60 mid-mount drive system, the Zaney offers robust power output and includes a boost mode for zippy overtaking or challenging inclines.
- Lightweight Frame: The Zaney boasts a full carbon fiber frame, making it light for an e-bike. This can translate to better handling and longer rides without fatigue.
- Multiple Models: With the 310, 510, and 710 models available, riders have a variety of components and systems to choose from to best suit their needs and budget.
- Associated with Renowned Brands: Being a product of Greyp, a sister company to Rimac and a part of the Porsche family, assures a level of quality and durability associated with these renowned brands.
- Price: While the actual pricing details haven't been released, Greyp's e-bikes tend to be on the more expensive end of the spectrum. This could put the Zaney out of reach for some interested riders.
- Availability: As of now, the Zaney eMTB will only be available for pre-order in late September, with actual availability from November. Those looking for an immediate purchase may need to consider other options.
- Potential Overkill for Casual Riders: Given the robust features and power output, the Zaney may be more bike than what's needed for casual riders or those using the e-bike mainly for commuting.
- Battery Life: Though the Zaney features a 430-Wh battery, real-world battery life can vary depending on the terrain, rider weight, and how much the motor is used. More power-hungry riders might find themselves needing to recharge frequently.