Durable, Comfortable, Stylish, Protective, Unique
There's something magical about hitting the road on two wheels, feeling the wind against your face and taking in the world from behind a pair of shades. But not all sunglasses are created equal, and if you're serious about cycling, you need something that doesn't just look good, but serves you well in terms of functionality. Enter the Linto Rider, a beautiful piece of eyewear crafted with the spirit of adventure and crafted to perfection in the Land of the Rising Sun.
The Linto Rider is born from a collaboration with the bike wizards at Golden Saddle Cyclery, a trusted name in LA's cycling community. Drawing from the nostalgic aesthetics of vintage cycling glasses, it offers a nod to tradition while embodying the sleek sophistication of modern design.
The tortoise pattern, hand-applied at a factory in Japan, gives each frame a distinctive personality – no two pairs are exactly alike. This uniqueness, coupled with the durable and lightweight construction of injected nylon and titanium, makes these glasses feel as unique as they look.
But let's not forget about the lenses, the heart and soul of any pair of sunglasses. The D+ Earth Vision polarized lens is a game-changer, especially for those marathon rides from sunrise to sunset. It strikes a perfect balance between visible light and blue light transmission, reducing glare and ensuring you're never blinded by the light. Plus, it blocks 100% of UVA/UVB rays, keeping your eyes protected all day long.
The adjustable and hypoallergenic rubber nose pad and temple tips add a level of comfort that's often overlooked. These little touches make all the difference when you're on a long ride, allowing for a fit that's as snug or as loose as you prefer.
And of course, there's the added bonus of the custom-made eyewear case. Teaming up with Hydrapak®, the folks at District Vision have developed a durable, abrasion-resistant case that utilizes a lumbar lock system for airtight storage. It's yet another testament to their commitment to quality and user convenience.
With a price tag of $295, the Linto Rider is a bit of an investment. But considering the exceptional quality, the Japanese craftsmanship, the collaboration with Golden Saddle Cyclery, and the level of comfort and protection it offers, it seems more than justified.
The Linto Rider is more than just a pair of sunglasses; it's a tool, a companion for your outdoor pursuits. Whether you're a seasoned cyclist or just starting, whether you ride for sport or leisure, these glasses are designed to enhance your experience and help you see the world through a clearer, more protected lens.
Remember, adventure isn't just out there, it's also in the journey, and having the right gear can make all the difference. The Linto Rider isn't just a pair of sunglasses, it's a statement, a commitment to the ride. So strap on those helmets, gear up, and let's hit the road, one pedal stroke at a time.
- Quality and Durability: These sunglasses are made in Japan, known for their high-quality craftsmanship. The frames feature injected nylon construction with titanium armature and hardware, making them sturdy and long-lasting.
- Comfort and Customizable Fit: The adjustable and hypoallergenic rubber nose pad and temple tips ensure a comfortable, secure, and tailored fit. These features are especially beneficial for long rides and extended wear.
- High-Quality Lenses: The D+ Earth Vision polarized lenses not only look stylish but offer great functionality. They mitigate reflected light, allow a specific percentage of visible light and blue light transmission, and block 100% of UVA/UVB rays. These lenses are designed to protect your eyes during all daylight hours.
- Unique Aesthetics: The hand-applied tortoise pattern ensures that each pair is unique, allowing you to stand out from the crowd. The glasses are also designed as a homage to heritage cycling sunglasses, adding a retro touch to your look.
- Extra Value-Adds: The custom-made eyewear case, designed in collaboration with Hydrapak®, is a great addition that adds to the value of the overall package. It's durable, abrasion-resistant, and offers airtight storage for the sunglasses.
- Price: At $295, these sunglasses are quite an investment. While their high quality and advanced features justify the price to an extent, they may not be within everyone's budget.
- Limited Appeal: The design is heavily inspired by vintage cycling sunglasses, which might not appeal to everyone. Those who prefer a more contemporary or minimalist design may find the Linto Rider not to their liking.
- Specialized Functionality: The sunglasses are specifically designed for outdoor cycling, meaning that some of their features might not be necessary for general use or other sports.
- Maintenance: The frames have a hand-applied tortoise pattern, and the overall construction includes several different materials (nylon, titanium, etc.). These factors could potentially make them more difficult to clean or maintain than simpler models.