Eco-friendly, versatile, urban, Bosch-powered, innovative
Navigating a bustling city is no small feat. With cars jammed bumper to bumper and the endless hum of engines, we sometimes forget that there's another way to slice through the urban chaos. Enter the Cube Longtail Hybrid, a game-changer in the realm of urban mobility.
Picture this: You're in a hurry to get across town. Maybe you've got a hefty load of groceries, or perhaps you're transporting your kids to school. You could take the car, but the prospect of traffic and parking woes looms large. Now, imagine gliding effortlessly through the streets with your cargo, courtesy of a reliable Bosch motor that powers your journey, and a cargo system that's flexible and robust.
The Longtail Hybrid's heart and soul is its “extra-long” carrier. This isn't just a place to stash a backpack; it's a veritable storage unit on wheels. Whether you're ferrying children on a padded bench seat or hauling gear, this bike ensures they're safe, comfortable, and protected. And if you've got smaller essentials? Tuck them away in the lockable storage within the downtube.
Performance is a key element. The fourth-generation 250-W Bosch Performance Line CX mid-drive motor isn’t just about making pedaling easier. It’s about providing a boost, a thrust that can handle the rigors of urban transport. And with a maximum speed of up to 25 km/h, the Longtail Hybrid doesn’t shy away from keeping pace with the city’s heartbeat.
Two variants cater to individual preferences. The Hybrid 725 is all about that Enviolo Cargo internal hub gears and a Gates Carbon Belt, while the Sport version offers the reliability of Shimano Deore 10-speed gears. Yet, regardless of your pick, you're getting a set of wheels designed to withstand the challenges of city roads with their Schwalbe Pick-Up tires and robust Magura MT5 hydraulic disc brakes.
Then there's the ONE SIZE CONCEPT, a thoughtful design that ensures this isn't just your bike – it could be anyone's. Whether it's for a tall friend or a shorter family member, adjustments are a breeze. The Cube Longtail Hybrid is democratic in its design, a bike for the people.
The price point, while a bit steep, feels justified for the kind of versatility and performance on offer. And the long-term benefits? Think of the fuel costs saved, the parking tickets avoided, and the sheer joy of open-air travel through city streets.
So, the next time you think of city commuting or urban transportation, envision a future where the streets aren't dominated by cars but by agile, efficient, and eco-friendly alternatives like the Cube Longtail Hybrid. It's not just a bike; it's a statement. A commitment to greener, smarter, and more enjoyable urban living. In my eyes, it's the embodiment of 21st-century mobility.
- Versatility & Storage: With its “extra-long” carrier, the bike is designed to transport a variety of items, from groceries to children. Additionally, there's lockable storage in the downtube for smaller items.
- Performance & Power: The fourth-generation 250-W Bosch Performance Line CX mid-drive motor provides substantial assistance, making it easier to handle heavier loads and navigate urban environments.
- Adjustability: Thanks to the ONE SIZE CONCEPT, the bike can be adjusted to accommodate riders between 1.6 and 1.9 m in height, making it versatile for sharing among multiple users.
- Safety Features: The bike offers optional rails, wheel protectors, and integrated lighting, ensuring safer rides, especially when carrying children or traveling at night.
- Durable Build: With features like Schwalbe Pick-Up tires, Magura MT5 hydraulic disc brakes, and an aluminum frame, the bike is built to withstand the challenges of city roads.
- Eco-Friendly Alternative: As an ebike, the Cube Longtail Hybrid provides a green solution to urban transport, reducing carbon footprints and dependency on fossil fuels.
- Multiple Variants: With two available variants, users have options to choose between different gear systems based on preference and usage.
- Price: The starting price may be steep for some consumers, potentially making it less accessible to a wider audience.
- Battery Range Uncertainty: The product description does not provide specific range estimates for the 725-Wh PowerPack battery, making it difficult for potential buyers to gauge how often they might need to recharge.
- Weight Capacity Limitations: While the bike can carry a significant amount, there are still weight limitations (e.g., 40 kg up top and 10 kg on each side), which users need to be aware of.
- Learning Curve: Those new to cargo ebikes or pedal-assist systems might require some time to get accustomed to handling and operating the Longtail Hybrid, especially when it's fully loaded.