Strive:ON CFR: E-Enduro's Ultimate Machine
Let me tell you about this machine, this beast, this brute that's ready to devour trails and spit out gravel: the Strive:ON CFR. It's an E-Enduro racing bike, and it's not for the faint of heart. It's like the punk rock star of the e-MTB world – rebellious, loud, and born to stand out. This bike was born from speed and raised for competition at the highest level.
The sleek carbon chassis harbors a Bosch motor that throbs with potential, like a heart pumping adrenaline through the veins of a racer at the starting line. This bike is all about power-to-weight advantage, thanks to its impressively light 2.45kg CFR carbon frame. And yet, despite its lean, muscular frame, the Strive:ON is rock solid on the trail. It's like a prizefighter who's light on his feet but packs a serious punch.
The geometry of the bike is a masterclass in balance and stability. While the front triangle inspires confidence and trust, the engineered compliance in the seatstay and chainstay ensures that the bike's rear wheel traction is firmly rooted in reality. In the world of E-Enduro, it's all about the right mix of stiffness and compliance. The Strive:ON gets that balance just right.
The bike employs a 170 mm fork coupled with 160 mm of rear travel, achieving a level of smoothness and stability that's like a falcon in a power dive – focused, controlled, and deadly fast. The bike's geometry, with its roomy reach and slack 63.5-degree head tube angle, ensures that you're always in command, whether you're climbing the steepest inclines or taking on the most technical descents.
The bike's Triple Phase Suspension system is like a symphony in motion, with each phase playing a distinct but harmonious part in the bike's overall performance. From improving traction and comfort on small bumps to managing harsh hits at race speed, this system is a testament to the bike's holistic design philosophy.
What's really fascinating about the Strive:ON CFR is the input it's received from world-class racers and team mechanics. It's like a bike that's been forged in the crucible of enduro motocross, marrying durability and reliability with on-frame innovations that let you ride more and worry less.
And then there's the bike's Bosch motor, the heart of the beast. With 600W peak power, immediate motor response, and support for high cadences up to 120rpm, this motor is the racer's choice for E-Enduro. Combined with the efficient integration of the control centre into the top tube and the minimal, grip-adjacent placement of the bluetooth mini remote, it's clear that every aspect of this bike is designed for optimal performance.
The Strive:ON CFR has a price tag that reflects its high-end components and design philosophy, but it's a bike that delivers in spades when it comes to performance and durability. It's like a well-aged whiskey – it's not for everyone, but for those who appreciate its unique qualities, it's worth every penny.
Overall, the Strive:ON CFR is a work of art, an engineering marvel, and a testament to the potential of E-Enduro racing. It's like a high-octane, adrenaline-fueled rollercoaster ride that leaves you breathless and craving for more. And that's the kind of ride I can definitely appreciate.
Of course, like any piece of technology or machinery, the Strive:ON CFR has its advantages and areas where it might not meet everyone's needs. Here are some key points to consider:
- High-end Components: The Strive:ON CFR is equipped with top-notch components, from the Bosch Performance Line CX motor to the robust CFR carbon frame. These high-quality components ensure excellent performance and durability.
- Competitive Design: With input from world-class racers and team mechanics, this e-MTB has been designed to excel in competitive E-Enduro racing. It marries durability, reliability, and innovative on-frame elements.
- Outstanding Suspension: The Triple Phase Suspension system offers a highly controlled ride over a variety of terrains, improving traction, comfort, and speed.
- Efficient Power Management: With the battery and motor functions neatly integrated into the top tube and a mini remote next to the grip, you can manage your ride without any hitches.
- Versatility: The Strive:ON CFR is designed to handle both steep inclines and technical descents. This versatility makes it a great choice for a variety of trail conditions.
- Price: High-quality components and design come at a cost. The Strive:ON CFR is a significant investment, which might not be within everyone's budget.
- Weight: While the CFR carbon frame is impressively light, the addition of the Bosch motor and battery system adds to the overall weight of the bike. This could affect the bike's handling and performance, especially for riders who are used to lighter, non-electric mountain bikes.
- Complexity: The advanced features and systems of the Strive:ON CFR, such as the Triple Phase Suspension and the integrated control centre, might be overwhelming for some riders, especially those new to e-MTBs.
- Limited Editions: The top-end model, the Strive:ON CFR LTD, featuring the Performance Line CX Race motor, is available only in limited quantities. This could be a frustration for riders looking for the highest specs possible.
- Maintenance: High-end components often require specialized maintenance and care. Depending on where you live, finding a mechanic skilled in maintaining and repairing e-MTBs could be a challenge.
Overall, the Strive:ON CFR is a top-tier e-MTB that offers outstanding performance and versatility. It's an excellent choice for serious racers and dedicated trail riders who are willing to invest in a high-quality, performance-focused machine.