Adventure and luxury meet here
There's a certain romantic appeal in the notion of living on the road. To venture into the unknown, the possibility of endless discovery, is, without a doubt, the heartbeat of the adventurer. A decade ago, the scene was a mixed bag of makeshift campers and DIY enthusiasts. Today, it's a luxury affair, blending the comfort of home with the allure of the untamed. Enter, the 27North RexRover – a new breed of luxury Overlander designed to answer the siren call of the wilderness without skimping on the creature comforts of modern living.
Built like a rhinoceros and yet as graceful as a ballet dancer, this magnificent beast sits on Ford’s SuperCab 4×4 platform. Trust me when I say, there's no terrain it can't conquer. The gutsy V8 engine and 10-speed SelectShift transmission sing in perfect harmony to provide a performance that’s akin to a symphony played by a well-conducted orchestra. The sturdy build is cushioned with an impressively detailed fiberglass shell. All-terrain wheels, LED light bar, dual front tow hooks, an integrated winch – it's the mobile fortress you didn't know you needed.
Slip inside and you'll understand why the RexRover has stirred up such a commotion. As well-appointed as any upscale urban dwelling, it provides a masterfully designed living space complete with a king size bed, a queen-size conversion dinette table, and a sliding countertop extension, because who wouldn't appreciate a little extra room for midnight snacks. Weatherproof flooring keeps the inevitable muddy tracks at bay, while the warm LED ceiling lights create a cozy and inviting ambiance.
The fully loaded kitchen, cleverly designed with extruded aluminum cabinetry, offers an induction cooktop, a microwave, a full-size sink, and even a washing machine. The folks at 27North have thoughtfully thrown in a coffee machine – a nod to the undeniable human need for caffeine. A luxury suite on wheels would be incomplete without proper sanitation facilities, and the RexRover doesn't disappoint. An onboard water heater, a wet bath shower unit, cassette toilet, and outdoor shower are just some of the features that ensure you're never far from the conveniences of home, even when you're miles away from civilization.
While the price tag of $350,000 may give some pause, it's clear that this luxury Overlander is a testament to the truth that in the world of adventure, the boundaries of comfort can be pushed and even redefined. Built to conquer the wild yet designed to envelop you in luxury, the 27North RexRover is more than a vehicle. It's an invitation to live life on your own terms – to find home wherever you may roam.
- Superior Off-road Capabilities: The 27North RexRover is built on Ford’s rugged SuperCab 4×4 platform. This, coupled with a V8 engine and 10-speed SelectShift transmission, gives it excellent off-road capabilities.
- Luxurious Interior: The vehicle offers many of the comforts of home. This includes a king-size bed, a queen-size conversion dinette table, weatherproof flooring, and LED lighting.
- Fully-Equipped Kitchen: The kitchen includes an induction cooktop, a microwave, a full-size sink, a washing machine, and a coffee machine. These amenities allow users to cook and clean with ease on their adventures.
- Sanitation Facilities: The RexRover boasts of an onboard water heater, a wet bath shower unit, cassette toilet, and even an outdoor shower, making sure hygiene is never compromised on the road.
- Durable Build: With a custom fiberglass shell, custom steel bumpers, and all-terrain wheels, this vehicle is built to withstand harsh conditions.
- Price: The 27North RexRover comes with a steep price tag of $350,000, which could be out of reach for many potential buyers.
- Size: Given its spacious amenities and the platform it's built on, this vehicle is likely larger than average. This could present issues with maneuverability, especially in narrow or densely forested areas.
- Fuel Efficiency: It's not explicitly stated, but given the size and powerful engine of the RexRover, it's safe to assume it's not the most fuel-efficient vehicle on the market. This could increase the cost of long-distance trips.
- Maintenance: Given the complex amenities and custom parts, maintenance could be expensive and more difficult than with a standard vehicle.